It's a pile of dog crap with sprinkles on top. Actually, upon closer inspection I deduced that those brightly colored bits are chewed up crayons. Go ahead - click it and see the full-size image. You know you want to. I had an unhealthy amount of delight once I discovered this little lawn-jewel, so I immediately laughed and jaunted about while snapping pictures with my phone. I am 100% sure that the friends I was with and their neighbors thought I was absolutely nuts.
Keeping consistent with the title of this post, I guess I'll make up an inspirational quote: "Life is like Dog-Poo-with-Sprinkles; it's mostly a pile of crap, but the random nuggets of color and brightness to make it all worth it." Okay, let's try another: "Whether it be corn or crayons, everyone is their own Dog-Poo-with-Sprinkles." Last one: "In the big lawn of life, there is dog shit and then there is Dog-Poo-with-Sprinkles. Be Dog-Poo-with-Sprinkles." I like that one.
In other news, I got an award!! Wooooo hooooo!! I was actually messing around with that stupid motivational poster when I saw that I got a SECOND (duplicate) award AS I WAS BLOGGING! That must mean you guys love me. You really love me :') *sniff*
I don't know what a Liebster is, but if it's anything like a Biebster, I'm for it. Anyway, I got this award from my bloggy-friends Storm and Melissa Pace :)
Storm runs the blog Culinary Storm, and it's super fascinating. It's a food blog and she makes some amazing looking dishes. She doesn't use a lot of text in her posts, but I feel like I know her which makes her posts a delight to read. Plus, she always has the coolest pictures of her food.
Melissa Pace runs Preposterous Pace. Melissa's mind works in a pretty strange way, which she tends to analyze and discuss in blog format, which makes for some pretty good reading material! I can relate to the strange workings of the mind, so we're natural friends. Also, she's my second favorite lesbian, aside from my big sis :)
Now, I am supposed to award this to 5 other little-league bloggers, such as myself (meaning we have under 200 followers). Here goes, in random order:
1) Rayelynn from Unhampered by Pants: I have no idea how, but she only has 9 followers. She's an excellent writer and she's hilarious. Her blog is very reminiscent of Hyperbole and a Half in that she is a cute girl who is funny and draws pictures. Triple threat.
2) Lozzz123 from Science, Spouses, and Silliness: Smart, funny, and Australian - another triple threat? She's in grad school, but somehow makes time to share with us her husband's sleeptalking escapades. Oh, and she's kinda nerdy. Quad threat??
3) Ellen Lloyd from Defenestrated Feet: I had to look up what "defenstration" was, already making her blog more work to read than the others, but it's totally worth it. She's quite hilarious, and blogs about the same type of things I would blog about. If I were a girl. She also draws. These drawing blogs just get me. Probably because I can't draw for crap.
4) Kez from Awesomely Unprepared: She's a mommy blogger! But she wasn't always; she recently had her baby, so I can confirm that she was awesome before AND after said child. Unlike Storm, Kez is usually quite verbose in her posts, but definitely worth the read if you have a few minutes. And if you're browsing blogs, you probably do. I don't know if she has less than 200 followers because she uses Wordpress, but I'm adding her regardless.
5) BeeBee from BeeBee's Blog: Another female drawing blogger? Sheesh, maybe I should venture out a bit more. Nope. I'm happy reading this blog and admiring her artistry. She's just my kind of weird, and judging by a recent post, she has the same style in fashionably ironic shirts as I do. PLUS she made me a blog button! Check it out on the side of her blog :)
If you didn't get an award, it's not because I hate you. Promise. I actually probably quite like you.
Finally, my huge project. Without giving anything away and jinxing myself, here is a little teaser:
That's my first attempt at graphic design! The project should come to fruition sometime in the next few months. I still have lots of learnin' to do. This is probably more exciting for me than it is for you.