Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love Bugs - A Pubic Lice PSA

My awesome Thrift Store Pen Pal, Nicole, sent me a gift! I actually received it a few weeks ago but given the content, I figured I would wait until it got closer to the Valentine's Day holiday.


I got a pop-up book AND a personalized letter! :) The books is called "Love Bugs," and I guess it's for toddlers to give to their Valentines? I'm not sure. Here's a closer look at the letter:


It says

Greetings Woody! 
I was walking through my local Goodwill store the other day and saw this book. I immediately thought of you! I hope you get a good post from it for Valentine's Day or something. Have a wonderful and prosperous new year! 
<3 Always,
Nicole

Needless to say, I was pretty excited, but I had to wrack my brain to figure out what I wanted to do with this silly kids' pop-up book. I was originally planning on doing a book-reading vlog, like my Thrift Store Pen Pal Andrea did, but I just wasn't sure. So I slept on it.

Finally, I got the idea to do a horror-movie-style trailer, which kind of evolved into a Public Service Announcement about the dangers of STDs - specifically, crabs. It just made sense; after all, it is VD in a couple days. I wrote the music myself and modeled it after all those great/cheesy horror movie soundtracks from the 80s. I hope you like it!


Definitely check out Nicole's blog, and definitely sign up for Thrift Store Pen Pals! And most importantly, be safe this Valentine's Day, kids. Shave.

20 comments:

  1. This was incredibly disturbing and creepy. I think I've been scarred... D=

    But, uhhhh, very creative? Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then it seems I've done my job. STD scare tactics, FTW. :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing! I don't think I could have done any better. Hats off to you Woody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for sending me the inspiration! You're awesome.

      Delete
  3. Suddenly I don't feel so fresh. You are a superbly creepy individual. Please keep doing what you're doing. P.S. Gold star for music and editing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This video was very fun, especially the editing, so I will definitely continue. :)

      Delete
  4. Woody...that was amazing. Absolutely awesome. That scream at 0:40 when the sweets pop up? Genius. Posts like this are why I love your blog so much.

    ~Shane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shane! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, it definitely makes doing these posts worth it.

      Delete
  5. Wow.. kinda disturbing, yet funny at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! You are hilarious!!!!

    I didn't find it creepy. At. All!

    *avoids eye contact*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! :)

      *awkwardly unaware of dripping sarcasm*

      Delete
  7. I could not stop laughing at this! I would never have thought to do a PSA with this book. You never fail to make me laugh!

    --Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo, that's awesome! Yeah, the idea just kinda popped into my head, so I went with it. Thank you!!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Thanks, that's great to hear, glad you appreciate fine art! :)

      Delete
  9. Haha this was awesome. Maybe they should use it to help teach sex ed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, after looking at so many pictures and videos of crabs during the editing of this video, I can definitely say I'll be more careful! Watching the vid makes me feel itchy...

      Delete
  10. I laughed :) anti Valentines day themes do it for me in the funny dept

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just given you an award :)
    Check it out at http://culinarystorm.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/where-to-spend-a-tuesday-night-in-delhi/

    ReplyDelete