What Is This? Thrift Store Pen Pals is a project meant to have fun and network with fellow bloggers and internet friends. I will personally send you a random item that I find at the thrift store and you will then review the item or talk about it on your blog. The item will very likely be strange, odd, or funny, much like what you’ll see me reviewing on my Thrift Store Adventures. This will help each of us to get new readers and have lots of fun with our blog-friends!
What I Will Do:
- I will send a randomly chosen blogger an interesting, probably cheap item found in a thrift store, antique mall, garage sale, or even my basement (I don’t have a basement, but you get the idea).
- I will try to do this once a week. I think I will choose the blogger on Thursday night and ship the item on Friday or Saturday. The blogger will probably be chosen with a random number generator.
- I will pay the item cost and shipping to your mailbox. I’d like to keep the shipping within the U.S. (at least for now).
- I will link to everyone’s blog or website who participates and have a special section on my site for my Thrift Store Pen Pals.
- I will not send anything super-duper weird, illegal, obscene, or mean. In other words, I won’t be sending any bombs, anthrax, or AIDS needles. Or tranny porn.
- I will not give anyone your mailing information.
What You Will Do:
- Follow my blog or “like” my Facebook page, and then leave a comment on this page (or anywhere on the blog, really) to sign up to become a Thrift Store Pen Pal!
- Review or discuss the item you got in the mail, hopefully with plenty of pictures.
- Link back to my site and briefly describe the Thrift Store Pen Pals project.
- You should have a blog or a website with at least a few months worth of material. This is so I know you aren’t simply my stalker posing as a fellow blogger, although I would be flattered.
- Don’t feel the need to return the favor and send me something; I don’t expect you to, but you totally can if you want to. Likewise, you can just send me something to review and we can become Thrift Store Pen Pals that way! If you do send me something, the same rules apply: nothing illegal, obscene, or mean - but I love weird stuff. Oh, and don’t give out my personal info.
- If you are chosen as my Thrift Store Pen Pal of the week, I will find a way to get in touch with you and we can trade info from there.