Monday, August 1, 2011

An Award? For Me?!

Over the weekend I went to a bachelor party for a friend of mine in a tiny lake in the middle of Kansas. I don't know if you have ever been in the middle of Kansas, but there's not much going on there. I know I make fun of Arkansas a lot, and with good reason, but my journey into BFE Kansas gives Arkansas a run for its money. For brevity's sake, I will simply list the good things I got to experience:


  • A reindeer farm. An honest-to-god farm with reindeer. I tried taking some pictures, but they all turned out blurry. I drove up to try to get closer, and the sign said it was a Jehovah's Witness farm, so... I was really confused. Try putting those pieces together.
  • I got stopped by a train, which isn't unusual by itself, but the train stopped on the tracks for like 15 minutes, so I decided to drive around the town, Fort Scott, KS where...
  • I saw lots and lots of cats. Seriously, there were gangs of them roaming the streets.
  • No cell phone/internet service for 2 days.
  • Kids hoop rolling, where you roll a tire with a stick, like this. No joke.
But most importantly, when I got back home, I saw that I GOT AN AWARD! THIS ONE!

The esteemed BOFA

My new bloggy friend, Shane Pilgrim, gave me the Blog on Fire Award :) I was so honored, but it was a total surprise so I didn't even prepare a speech. I'm pretty new to blogging, so I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who enjoys my cheesy/offensive/nerdy humor. 

I think Shane is pretty new to blogging, as am I, but he posts pretty often, and his blog is always a good mix of personal adventures and movies/music, but it's always entertaining. He is also a very active blogger and seems to always take time to read and comment on his blog-friends' posts. So thanks, man!!

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with my BOFA now, but glancing at Shane's and a few others' blogs I guess I share some facts about myself and honor a few blog-friends that I follow, and why. I already gave a bunch of facts about the Kansas wastelands, so here are my BOFA winners, in no particular order:

Miss Sassy Pants - A Few French Fries Short of a Happy Meal: Lots of good non-PC fun to be had here. I really like her writing, probably because it reminds me of mine. I always have many LOLs here! 

Lucy - How to Hate Everything: Despite her blog's title, Lucy seems to love TGI Friday's Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Dip, and a few other things. I'm pretty sure she lives in a pothole, but every one of her posts cracks me up until I look like an idiot in my cubicle or in my room. Fun fun!

Nicole - Jilted and Starting Over: Nicole is quite good about commenting on my posts (even the more questionable ones). I also recently discovered that she is a fellow nerd!! So she's awesome in my book. She and I also did AWESOME stream of consciousness posts. She's super fun :)


Gnetch - Thank Goodness for the Good Ones: She's a badass Asian. She's got like a million followers, so she probably doesn't even need this plug, but I couldn't not award her because she's so dang entertaining! Besides, this is MY awards show. Do yourself a favor and check out her awesomely non-PC, slightly offensive, MS Paint-filled blog.

Nicole - The Assorted Thoughts of a Scatter Brain: She's always down-to-earth and she seems like a super fun person. Her jelly bean background always gets me weird looks and questions when I read this one at work, so that's fun too.

Tom - The Rich Tea Biscuit Party: This guy is amazing, he should pretty much be a professional blogger by now. And his writing always has an English accent in my head. He recently did an ode to Reddit that was pretty incredible. Do yourself a favor and check out this blog.

Nhya - Khaki, Not Cocky: I don't even know what the title of her blog means, but she's a very entertaining writer. Her posts are usually fairly short, but never ever boring. She has a crush on the kid from Casper, too, which is hilariously awesome!

CulinaryStorm - Culinary Storm: This blog is all about food, and it always makes my mouth water. I really like her layout and design, but more importantly, I really enjoy every post. Plus, a lot of times she'll put a poll at the end of her posts. 

Kez - Awesomely Unprepared: Kez seems to have a great personality. She's always fun to read and is slightly un-PC, but that may be due to pregnant hormones. Then again, I don't know anything about that because I've never been pregnant. Either way, she's kinda crazy and I like it :)

I only did 9 because I wanted to. I also didn't proofread this one because I didn't want to. So anyway, enjoy all these amazing blogs because I highly recommend them all!

9 comments:

  1. Awwuh, Woody. . .you shouldn't have! ;] Did i mention you're my fav redhead? Because you are.

    I'm not entirely sure what my blog title means either *shrugs*, but it's catchy and I love it. Thank u for the award and congrats on yours!

    Now I have new blogs to stalk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your kind words, sir. I'm glad that you like my page. I also enjoy all of your posts.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously? You think I'm a bit crazy? I plead guilty *law and order music*
    Thankyou for your kind words about my insanity :)
    I am looking forward to checking out the other bloggers you've recommended because I trust your judgement (or lack thereof)!
    Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I haven't been a reader for long, but your blog is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrymel: I am super honored to be your favorite redhead!! :) Which is kinda shocking, because only my facial hair is red!

    Kez: pleading guilty with Law and Order music = epic comment!

    TaurMe: Why thank you! Glad you approve :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I have been away so long I completely missed this!! Thank you so much! ((hugs))

    I'm catching up now and love your book cover judging :-) I think those are my fav posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! Slightly offensive???? I thought I was being sweet?!!! Haha!!

    Thank you so much!!! I just started catching up on blogs yesterday so I just saw this.

    You're not gonna punch me for being late, are you????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw this!
    Thank you :) and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete